JAMES E. HENDRY CHAPTER MISSION STATEMENT:
The American Hibiscus Society, James E. Hendry Chapter was founded in 1952 as a non-profit organization and named after James E. Hendry, Jr., one of the founding members. We are the oldest Chapter of the American Hibiscus Society.
Located in beautiful Fort Myers, Florida, and our mission is to educate, encourage, and promote the development and Improvement of hibiscus rosa-sinensis, the “Queen of the Tropics”, throughout Southwest Florida.
Our objectives are:
- To promote all growing and propagation of hibiscus
- To acquire and exchange information concerning the culture of hibiscus
- To Co-operate with the American Hibiscus Society in regard to nomenclature and registration of varieties
- To hold an Annual Hibiscus Show and to participate in other chapter’s Hibiscus Shows
- To participate in civic beautification
- To further interests in conservation